buttons

Instagram

mayrosevintage

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Birthday treasure in Bridgnorth

Last week it was my birthday, so for a birthday treat me & a friend decided to head to Bridgnorth for a day out antique hunting! If you have never been it is well worth a visit  it is a really nice town to have an amble about, really pretty with the river and some lovely building's. Although last Thursday the weather God's were not smiling on me & it was hissing it down. Also it was half day closing so a handful of the antique shops were shut but, there were plenty of others antique shops & of course charity shops to have a mooch round.


As I have mentioned in a previous post I love a convex mirror, I found this beauty in the first antique shop I visited. It cost me the princely sum of £40 it was priced at £45 so I did manage to get a fiver off. I have never seen one like this before & I would definitely  describe it as 'granny chic'.



It weighs a ton! Think it is going to have to be a hung on a very sturdy wall! My second purchase of the day came from the last shop we visited, a bargain £15 for a 1960's genie bottle.

Such a lovely green colour, was so pleased with it and looks awesome next to my new print.
If you do manage to visit Bridgnorth, happy antique hunting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment