buttons

Instagram

mayrosevintage

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Lamp Love!

I don't know about you but, lamps are a constant in my world. They are one of those interior items I just can't get enough off.
You can find interesting looking lamps relatively cheaply from most home stores. It's decent shades where the expense lies it seems.
I love quirky & vintage style lamps, they can add drama & interest to any room. The shade on this one is a beaut, and a very cheap buy from Asda.



These two vintage style lamps I also got from Asda, £35 each. I actually really rate their home stuff as it is usually bang on trend & affordable. Ideally I would like to change the shades. Really pleased I chose two different coloured lamps to add a different dimension. 
In  an ideal world  I  would  like  to  change  the  shades to some beautiful Tretchikoff  ones  they would look just perfect. However they are a little expensive, I was chatting  to  a friend today about how easy would it be to  make lampshades?  If you have any experience of such things then do let me know ???
Some more lamp bases I have had kicking around for a while are these two stunners, crackle glaze lamps from the 1970's. I have been meaning to get them some shades for a fair while now. Although they do also need a re - wire! 
Lamps definitely  bring some light into my life: I have been researching pendant lights recently but, that's  a whole other post. Hope you have enjoyed reading my little blurb about lamps! !! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment